Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 First Time Setup
|This article is part of the
WSU Tablet Series
When setting up your it is critical that you select the correct time zone, otherwise you will need to restart the entire setup process over.
- 1).Press Start.
- 2.)Select "Warrior" Network.
- 3.)Enter your StarID in the “identity box", the “Anonymous identity” box can be left empty. Scroll down to “Password” and enter your password in the password box. Press” Connect”.
- 4.)The wireless will connect and stay connected. Press “Next” on the bottom right.
- 5.)Select Central Time from the Select Time Zone dropdown menu, and if necessary adjust time to correct values. This should be correct automatically, but is sometimes a bit off. Press “Next” to continue.
- 6.)Read the EULA then select the check box for license agreement and select “yes” for the error log data agreement. Press “Next”.
- 7.)You must create a new Google Account. Press “No” to go to a screen where you can create an account.
- 8.)Choose "Get an account".
Note: If you are choosing to create a new Google account proceed to step 9. If you choose to sign in with an existing Google account skip to step 18.
- 9.)Enter in your first and last name then press the right arrow to continue.
- 10.)Choose a username for your new Google account. Press the right arrow to continue.
- 11.)Create a password for your new Google account and re-enter the same exact password. Select the right arrow.
- 12.)Select set up recovery options.
- 13.)Enter in a phone number or a backup email. Select the right arrow.
- 14.)Uncheck the “Communication” box and select the right arrow to continue.
- 15.)Select “I accept” to create the account.
- 16.)Type the text that appears on your screen to authenticate your account, then select the right arrow. Saving the account may take a few moments.
- 17.)Sign in with your full Google email address and password. Press the right arrow to continue.
- 18.)Agree to the listed contracts by pressing “OK”.
- 19.)Uncheck the box under COMMUNICATION. Press the right arrow to continue.
- 20.)Select “not now” for the “Upgrade to Google+” and to the “Entertainment” screens.
- 21.)If not already entered automatically, enter in your first and last name, and select the right arrow.
- 22.)Press “Skip”. You can create one if you like at a later time.
- 23.)Press “Skip”. You can log in or create an account at a later time.
- 24.)Enter in a name for your device and press finish.
- 25.)After you click finish your tablet will open to the home screen. You should then install go to