Save D2L Announcements as Draft
WSU instructors using Brightspace or those interested in using Brightspace in the future.
Announcements can be saved in draft format, meaning they are not visible to the students in the class. Once the Announcement is ready for display, it's status can be changed to Publish and it will be visible on the course home page.
Drafting Announcements for Future Publication
- Open up the course you would like to add an Announcement.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to Announcements in the Announcements widget on your Course Homepage and select New Announcement.
- Type your subject in the Headline box.
- Type message in Content section.
- Select the End Date checkbox and set the last date and time the Announcement is to be broadcast, if so desired.
- Add any attachments you wish to publish with the News Item under Attachments.
- Select the Save as Draft button at the bottom of the screen. The Announcement will be saved within D2L and not published for student viewing.
To publish a draft Announcement:
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to Announcements in the Announcements widget on your Course Homepage and select Go to Announcements Tool.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to the name of the draft Announcement and select Edit.
- Select the Publish button at the bottom of the screen.
For a complete listing of Wiki topics, select from the category list below.