With Senuti, you can recreate your iTunes music library in just one click.
Preview and select only the songs and playlists you want to transfer.
Currently you can download a free version and use it for a 30 day, 1000 song trial.
Instructions to use Senuti
1. Download Senuti. The latest version only works on Mac OS X 10.4 or higher and is a 30 day trial.
- If you're looking for a freeware app that does the same thing check out PodView.)
2. Install Senuti.
- On the Mac: Drag the Seunti application to your Applications Folder. Drag Senuti into your dock or save a copy on your desktop if you wish. Eject the Senuti disk image and clear your download folder.
3. Make sure you have iTunes.
4. Open iTunes.
5. Plug your iPod into your computer.
6. In the iPod settings window in iTunes, set your iPod to "Manually manage music and videos" in iTunes.
7. Open Senuti. Songs with a note or dot next to them are already in iTunes.
8. Go to "Preferences" and then "Copying" in Senuti. Choose the iTunes Music Folder as the "Save Location" for copied music.
- Otherwise two copies will be created of each song. (This will take up unecessary hard drive space.)
9. Highlight songs (hold down the Command or control key plus shift and click on them or press Command-A (for a Mac) Control-A (for a PC) to highlight everything) and drag them to the text "iTunes".
- You can also drag and drop playlists from your iPod into "iTunes".
10. Make sure all the songs look normal and that there are no double copies.
- For an alternative PC application: Go to iPod-to-Computer-Transfer