Sharing artifacts in Brightspace ePortfolio
About this article
This article includes instructions for sharing artifacts in your Brightspace ePortfolio with other Brightspace users. It is intended for anyone in the WSU community who uses Brightspace ePortfolio.
Sharing your Brightspace ePortfolio
In the Brightspace ePortfolio Tool, many elements of your eportfolio can be shared with other WSU students, faculty, and staff. When configuring an item to be shared, you can decide to what degree the other person can interact with that item. For example:
- A student could share a document with her instructor for assessment. She could configure the sharing permissions such that the instructor cannot edit the document, but can attach an assessment to it.
- A faculty member could share a syllabus with a promotion committee, permitting all members of the committee to not only post comments, but view the comments of other committee members.
Sharing an existing eportfolio item
To share an artifact, collection, reflection, presentation, or learning objective you have already added to your eportfolio, follow the steps below:
- Log into Brightspace and select ePortfolio
- Select the My Items tab at the top of the screen
- Select the down arrow icon to the right of the artifact and select Share from the dropdown menu
- Select the Add Users and Groups button
- Type the last name of the person in the Search field. The person's full name, StarID, and WSU email address should appear.
- Before selecting that person, scroll down the window to view the Assign Permissions list. Choose the desired permissions (Fig 1_1) and then select the person's name (Fig 1_2).
- Select the Share button (Fig 1_3) and the Close button to complete the process.
- The sharing status will be indicated by an icon with a numeral next to it, indicating how many people are sharing this item (Fig 2). Selecting this icon will show you a list to people with whom you have shared the item.
Unsharing eportfolio items
- Repeat Steps 1-3 above to open the Share Settings window for that item (or) select the share status icon for that item
- Select the X next to the person you would like to remove
- Select the Close button