Software Additions (Mac)
Software Additions is an application that allows you to download and install additional software on your Mac.
Install Additional WSU Software from KeyServer
WSU has licensed software for your use as a student, in addition to what is already installed on your computer.
Some of this software CAN ONLY BE USED when you are part of the WSU computer network. This is software which has a special license called a KEY SERVER license.
How to Download WSU Software
- You must use the application, Software Additions to download software.
1. Locate the "WSU_Additions" folder under Applications.
2. Locate "SoftwareAdditions" application.
- If it is not installed on your Dock, you will find it in your Applications Folder inside another folder called “WSU Additions.”
3. Start the application. It will prompt you to enter your password.
4. After you logon, you will be given a choice of software to install in a window that looks like this:
- Note that you MUST put a checkmark in the box in front of the software that you want to download and install. You may select more than one software installation at a time.
- Note that the software which has a KEY SERVER license has a check-mark in a right hand column.
- You need to be ON CAMPUS and connected to the WSU network by your ETHERNET CABLE when you do the software downloads.
- After the downloads, you will be prompted again to enter your password to give permission to install the software to your computer.
- If you experience a problem with downloads you can contact the Technical Support Center at 507-457-5240 or come to Somsen 207 for assistance.
Watch The Video