Student Technology Survival Guide (PC)
|Student Survival Guide|
|This article is part of the
Student Survival Guide Series
This page is designed to give students more information on how to perform important tasks on a PC that will be crucial to his or her time here at WSU.
Where can I find more information about the E-Warrior Digital Life and Learning Program?
One very important place to find helpful information is the Resources Tab on the Winona State web site.
Helpful Setup Information
Other Important Information
- Receiving your laptop and tablet
- What is e-Wazoo?
- Can I switch platforms if I'm not due for an exchange?
- Where can I find info on the current laptop models?
- Where can I review the information that was covered in the laptop distributions/exchanges?
- Can I get more information about the graduate buyout program?
- Can I rent a laptop or other equipment?
- Exchanging Your WSU Laptop
- Connecting Wireless Media Devices to the Warrior Network
Mobile Device Agreements
- Student Safe Computing
- I am a new student at WSU and was wondering how to get my D2L username and password, as well as my WSU email.
- WSU eMail is through Microsoft Office 365.
- Full access via http://www.winona.edu/sky/
- Setting Up Microsoft Outlook 2016
- The Outlook App is available and great to use on mobile devices.
- Where can I find out more about my WSU password?
- What happens to my email when I graduate?
Cloud File Storage
Microsoft OneDrive is cloud storage space provided to WSU students through Microsoft Office 365. You have 1 Terabyte (yes, that’s right!) of space to store your documents, pictures, etc.
Where can I find information about Microsoft Office 365 Services?
- What is Microsoft Office 365?
- What is Microsoft OneNote?
- Can I access my WSU email on my Android,or Apple mobile device?
How do I use the printers on campus?
Where do I go if I have a technical question?
- You can get technical support in Somsen 207 or Library 105
- Information about the Technical Support Center
- Information about the E-Warrior Digital Learning Commons
- What does Walk-In Support do?
- What do I do if my laptop is lost or stolen?
- Is there somewhere I can get help online?
How can I make sure my computer data is safe?
- How do I back up my files?
- What is Microsoft OneDrive and how can I backup files to it?
- Sync OneDrive for Business on Windows 10
External CD/DVD Optical Drive
Where can I find more information about the WSU network?
- Where can I find information about the StudentClubs or the StudentWebs servers?
- Can I connect to the network off campus using a VPN client?
- How do I install programs from the network?
- Where can I purchase software from the university?
- Which WSU Password should I use for what?