Student Technology Survival Guide (PC)
|Student Survival Guide|
|This article is part of the
Student Survival Guide Series
This page is designed to give students more information on how to perform important tasks on a PC that will be crucial to his or her time here at WSU.
Where can I find more information about the E-Warrior Digital Life and Learning Program?
One very important place to find helpful information is the Resources Tab on the Winona State web site.
Helpful Setup Guides
- **Click here to view/download the help document handout packet that you received during your laptop distribution. You can view these separately below.
Other Important Information
- Laptop Distribution Support
- Receiving your laptop and tablet
- What is e-Wazoo?
- Can I switch platforms if I'm not due for an exchange?
- Where can I find info on the current laptop models?
- What type of computer should I get based on my major?
- Where can I review the information that was covered in the laptop distributions/exchanges?
- Can I get more information about the graduate buyout program?
- Can I rent a laptop or other equipment?
- Exchanging Your WSU Laptop
- Connecting Wireless Media Devices to the Warrior Network
Mobile Device Agreements
- Student Safe Computing
- I am a new student at WSU and was wondering how to get my D2L username and password, as well as my WSU email.
- WSU eMail is through Microsoft Office 365.
- Full access via http://www.winona.edu/sky/
- Setting Up Microsoft Outlook 2016
- The Outlook App is available and great to use on mobile devices.
- Where can I find out more about my WSU password?
- What happens to my email when I graduate?
- Your email account will be active for one full semester from the time you graduate. If you wish to keep it longer than that you need to call TSC Phone Support (507.457.5240) and ask for an extension.
- WSU Alumni Email
Cloud File Storage
Microsoft OneDrive is cloud storage space provided to WSU students through Microsoft Office 365. You have 1 Terabyte (yes, that’s right!) of space to store your documents, pictures, etc.
Where can I find information about Microsoft Office 365 Services?
- What is Microsoft Office 365?
- What is Microsoft OneNote?
- Can I access my WSU email on my Android,or Apple mobile device?
How do I use the printers on campus?
Where do I go if I have a technical question?
- You can get technical support in Somsen 207 or Library 105
- Information about the Technical Support Center
- Information about the E-Warrior Digital Learning Commons
- What does Walk-In Support do?
- What do I do if my laptop is lost or stolen?
- Is there somewhere I can get help online?
How can I make sure my computer data is safe?
- How do I back up my files?
- What is Microsoft OneDrive and how can I backup files to it?
- Sync OneDrive for Business on Windows 10
External CD/DVD Optical Drive
Where can I find more information about the WSU network?
- Where can I find information about the StudentClubs or the StudentWebs servers?
- Can I connect to the network off campus using a VPN client?
- How do I install programs from the network?
- Where can I purchase software from the university?
- Which WSU Password should I use for what?