Features for Faculty to use
Faculty can create assignments within Lynda and then send these assignments to a class list. To do this, faculty need to contact TLT@winona.edu to request a Group get assigned to use in Lynda. Once the group is assigned, faculty can add users to the group, create assignments and run reports on usage.
Features of lynda.com
- Take a course from start to finish or hop around in the course's table of contents, accessing the information you need when you need it.
- Track your progress through courses and even receive certificates of course completion.
- Bookmark sections of courses and organize courses into playlists to personalize your learning experience. You can even share your playlists with others.
- Watch lynda videos on your iPad mini or HP EliteBook 840 G2 while you are practicing what you learn on your laptop. Use the lynda video player to pause, speed up, or slow down playback as you practice.
- Instructors can include specific lynda videos or entire courses in their own classes, linking to them from D2L and eliminating the need to spend class time on technology tutorials. The supplemental materials can also be used for class assignments. Download reports of student activity or ask students to deposit certificates of completion into a D2L dropbox.
- Use lynda courses to support your own professional development.
How to get the most out of your account
- Selection ideas for you to consider
- Visit lynda.com every week for a listing of new and updated courses.
- Subscribe to the lynda.com newsletter and latest Release emails.
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite movies or courses.
- Download exercise files before viewing courses so users can practice applying knowledge as you go.
- Subscribe to the lynda.com blog RSS feed, follow lynda.com on Twitter, and like on Facebook.
- Download the iPhone or iPad app for anytime, anywhere learning.