Draft:CaptureSpace Lite screen capture Quickstart
Recording in CaptureSpace Lite and Uploading to MediaSpace
1.) Go to http://mediaspace.mnscu.edu/ and login with your STAR ID.
2.) Select Add New in the top right corner and select CaptureSpace Lite from the dropdown. This will launch the desktop recorder. (NOTE: If you have not used CaptureSpace Lite before you will have to download the recorder. Select the correct version for your computer and download the application. It may take a few minutes to download. Once downloaded go back to Mediaspace and complete Step # 2 again)
3.) The recorder has 4 recording options. Select the SCREEN & WEBCAM option in the top right corner. Your selection will determine whether you record your screen, webcam, or audio.
4.) Select the FULL SCREEN button on the next page, and then select RECORD.
- A countdown will appear on the screen and your image in the corner. Select your PowerPoint and then position your webcam. You want to make sure you do not cover up any of your photos or text on each slide. You can also drag the edges of your image to make it larger or smaller. Put your PowerPoint into slideshow mode. Then begin your presentation.
- The recording panel helps you control the recording process.
- If during your recording you need to pause, select the PAUSE button from the control panel below the video.
- If you would like to start your recording over, select CANCEL from the control panel. Selecting OK on the next screen will permanently delete your recording.
- If you would like to draw on your slides, use the DRAW controls to configure your tools.
- When you are done, click DONE to save a copy of the video on your computer and present a preview screen. At this point, you can perform simple edits to the recording. Select DONE in the editor and a window appears in which you enter the title and description of the recording. After you are done, click the UPLOAD button and your video is loaded into MY MEDIA in your MediaSpace account. When the upload in complete, click the MediaSpace link in the window to go to you account.
- Select TRIM from the left column of the timeline. Pull the blue dots/handle from each side of the video timeline so only the section when your PowerPoint was in slideshow view is between each end. The sections that are grey will be cut from your video.
- Next select “APPLY” in the bottom right corner to apply the edits.
- Your new video will launch. If you are happy with your video, select DONE in the bottom right corner.
NOTE: If you would like to start over select CANCEL and then PREVIEW. This will launch your original video and you can start editing again.
- Next title your video and select UPLOAD. This will store the video in your MediaSpace account.
- Once the process is completed, you can optionally select the link within the window and go into MediaSpace to view your recording.Do not copy this link and turn it in to your professor. It is not the link to your recording. It may take a few minutes for your video to appear in MediaSpace. (If it has been more than 5 minutes and your video has not appeared in MediaSpace, try refreshing your page or logging back in.)
Posting your recording to Brightspace
If you are going to post your recording to Brightspace, instructions are available: