Draft:Installing and Connecting the D2L Binder on iPads
About this article
This article includes information about the D2L Binder app for iOS and Android devices. It is intended for WSU students, but may also be of interest to instructors who would like to see how using Desire2Learn and wanting to work on assignments on their tablet devices.
Downloading and Installing Binder on an iPad
You cannot use the Binder application until you have a functioning EduDentity account. (For more information regarding creating an EduDentity account, visit the EduDentity Account instruction article.)
- On your iPad, open the App Store and search for Binder or open this Wiki page on your iPad and this link to open the App Store and find Binder automatically.
- Tap the Free button and, once it turns to Install, tap the Install button.
- Once the install completes, tap Open.
Connecting Binder to WSU's D2L from an iPad
- Open the Binder application on your iPad. You will be prompted to sign in with your EduDentity account or through Facebook. Tap on EduDentity.
- Enter your EduDentity ID and password and tap the Sign In button. (If you do not have an EduDentity account, go to Creating an EduDentity Account for further instructions.)
- You will be presented a help screen that describes the My Binder and Fetch icons. Tap anywhere on the help screen and it will go away.
- You use the My Binder icon to view and manage your stored documents.
- The Fetch icon is used to import documents from D2L's environment, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
- Tap Fetch to begin attaching your Binder application to D2L.
- When presented with the Create Connection dialog, tap on the field with the grey Web Address and enter winona.ims.mnscu.edu. This is the address of WSU's Desire2Learn instance. Tap Connect.
- On the next page, enter your StarID (e.g., bb1234cc) and password.
- Once the connection is complete, you should see a window similar to the one below. In the left column, you should see the D2L icon and the words Learning Environment. In the right column should be a list of the classes you have access to. If there are no classes in the right column, click on the Learning Environment entry in the left column.
Related Wiki Topics
No pages meet these criteria.
D2L Overview Topics
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.