Mobile devices/Android Setup for WSU Email Account
Android Phones that we have confirmed to work with Live Email
- HTC Incredible (Verizon)
- Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint)
- Samsung Fascinate (Sprint)
- Motorola Droid 2 (Verizon)
- Motorola Droid 3 (Verizon)
- Motorola Droid X (Verizon)
- MyTouch 4G T-Mobile
- More to come
Process students must follow to set up email on their Android Smartphones
First Things First
1) Follow this page first.
2) Then follow this page.
To setup your Android 2.2.1 phone
This guide was written running Android OS 2.2.1 on a MyTouch 4G on T-Mobile. It should be basically the same (or very similar) for all Android 2.2.1 mobile phones.
- Open the default mail app.
- Click the menu button and choose New Account
- Select POP/IMAP
- Click the Manual Setup button.
- Enter your winona.edu email address and your Microsoft Live password where prompted. Your username will also be your full email address.
- For the incoming server address, type "pod51011.outlook.com". Choose SSL for the security, and make sure the server port is 993. If it is not 993, change it.
- Click next.
- For the outgoing server address, type "pod51011.outlook.com". Choose TSL for the security, and make sure the server port is 587. Again, change the port if it is not 587 already.
- Click Finish Setup.
To setup your Android 2.3 phone
This guide was written running Android OS 2.3 gingerbread on a Samsung Epic 4 G on Sprint. It should be basically the same for all Android 2.3 mobile phones.
- Go to your home screen by pressing the home button a few times. Click the menu button and press "Settings"
- Click on Accounts
- Choose Add Account.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (your phone may call this something else)
- Enter your full email address and your Live ID password in the window. This is NOT your Winona State password - it is your Live ID password.
- Wait until this is finished. Depending on your connection, it may take a few minutes. PLEASE DO NOT EXIT the settings screen at this point.
- Depending on which Android phone you have, you may get a warning similar to this:
- Enter your information as shown below
- Wait while your account information is retrieved. Again, this may take a little while so be patient.
- Enter settings as shown below
- If a screen similar to the one below shows up it means that the previous step was successful. Choose Yes.
- Set the options below however you wish. "Push" means that you are going to get an email as soon as it is sent.
- Scroll down from the above window.
- This is important: If you do not uncheck this box then every single text message you get will be sent to your email. Depending on personal preference you may want to uncheck this box, especially because it’s going to notify you twice every time someone texts you, once with a text notification and once with an email notification. We strongly suggest you uncheck this box, both to keep your text messages (and their attachments) private and to reduce the amount of unnecessary notifications you receive. By leaving this box checked, you’ll be able to access your incoming text messages from your email inbox, even when you check your email on your computer. You’ll also be able to reply to text messages from your email.
- Name the account a recognizable name like "Winona" and you should be all set.
- You can now use the email app on your phone to access your WSU email. Alternatively, you can open your mobile browser and go to m.outlook.com and log in to the same interface you log into on your computer.