Student Technology Survival Guide (PC)
|Student Survival Guide|
|This article is part of the
Student Survival Guide Series
This page is designed to give students more information on how to perform important tasks on a PC that will be crucial to his or her time here at WSU.
Where can I find more information about the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program?
- WSU Mobile App
- How do I setup my WSU iPad?
- How do I setup my WSU Tab 2
- What is Airwatch?
- Can I switch platforms if I'm not due for an exchange?
- Where can I find information about the current laptop models?
- What type of computer should I get based on my major?
- Is there more information about the laptop exchange?
- Where can I review the information that was covered in the laptop distributions/exchanges?
- Can I get more information about the graduate buyout program?
- Can I rent a laptop?
- Can I rent out other equipment?
- Exchanging Your WSU Laptop
Mobile Device Agreements
- Student Safe Computing
- I am a new student at WSU and was wondering how to get my D2L username and password, as well as my WSU email.
- WSU eMail is through Microsoft Office 365.
- How can I reset my WSU password myself?
- Where can I find out more about my WSU password?
Where can I find information about Microsoft Office 365 Services?
- What is Microsoft Office 365?
- How do I use this to set up Outlook?
- Can I set email on my Android,or Apple mobile device?
- What happens to my email when I graduate?
- Your email account will be active for one full semester from the time you graduate. If you wish to keep it longer than that you need to call TSC Phone Support (507.457.5240) and ask for an extension.
- WSU Alumni Email
What am I allowed to do on my computer?
- Link to Appropriate Computing video, once it's been remade.
- Information on WSU Copyright Infringement Policy
- Windows 7 Information
- Windows 8 Information
How do I use the printers on campus?
- Where can I find the student printing policy?
- How do I add a printer?
- How do I set the printer to print double-sided?
- How does color printing work?
Where do I go if I have a technical question?
- Is there a Technical Support Center?
- What is the E-Warrior Digital Learning Center?
- What does Walk-In Support do?
- What do I do if my laptop is lost or stolen?
- Is there somewhere I can get help online?
How can I make sure my computer data is safe?
- Computrace for PC.
- How do I back up my files on a CD, DVD or on an external drive?
- What is Microsoft OneDrive and how can I backup files to it?
- What online services can I use to back up my data?
External Optical Drive
Where can I find more information about the WSU network?
- Where can I find information about the StudentClubs or the StudentWebs servers?
- Can I connect to the network off campus using a VPN client?
- How do I install programs from the network?
- Where can I purchase software from the university?
- Which password should I use?