VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client software, you can connect a WSU laptop to the WSU network from off campus. This software is already installed on all WSU laptops. A VPN connection enables you to access select network resources as if you were on campus connected to our network directly. This includes:
- Network storage drives (e.g., personal, class, departmental) - Employees Only
- KeyServer applications (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat)
Find the VPN Client on Your WSU Laptop
On a PC (Windows 8.1)
- From the Windows Start Screen
- Use the Cisco AnyConnect Tile under the Utilities section
- Choose Connect in the menu below:
- Use your full WSU email address to login with.
On a PC (Windows 7)
If you go to your Start Menu, and search for "Cisco" in the search bar, it should be the first search result.
On a Mac
- On Mac, if you go to Spotlight (in the upper right corner), and search "Cisco", it should be the first search result under Applications.