Microsoft Office 365 is now Winona State’s email and storage solution for all employees and students. WSU provides email services accessible via the web to students, faculty, and staff as part of the E-Warrior Digital Life and Learning Program. Be sure and check your WSU email account regularly as this is the way that WSU communicates with you.
We will never lease your email address to any advertisers and we take a pro-active approach to blocking unsolicited-bulk email messages that could clutter your inbox.
Accessing WSU Office 365 Email
There are three different ways you can get to your Microsoft Office 365 apps which is where your email app (Outlook) is located.
- Go to click on this link (It is a great idea to bookmark this link)
- Click on Office365 & Email on the Resources tab on www.winona.edu
- Go to www.winona.edu and click on either the "Current Students" or "Faculty and Staff" tab. Click on "Email" under "Quick Links" on the left purple navigation bar.
Your login credentials are your StarID followed by "@go.minnstate.edu" for students and "@minnstate.edu" for employees . Your WSU email address, however, will remain your friendly email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for students and email@example.com for employees.
Setting your Primary Email
If you are registered to go to school at more than one Minnesota State University or College, it is best to set your Primary Email to WSU while you are attending.
- Go to https://starid.minnstate.edu
- Click on the box for "Sign in to Profile"
- Sign in with your StarID and password (If you forgot your password, then go back and select the box to Reset your Password)
- At the top of the page, click "Office 365 Contact"
- Make sure your listed primary email is either First.LastName@go.winona.edu (for students) or Username@winona.edu (for employees)
- If it does not match the previous step, click "Select New Student Contact Card" and select the correct email address.
- 25 GB inbox
According to FERPA Guide 2012 p 39: "Non-public educational data should never be sent to non-institutional assigned accounts... The institution would be held responsible if an unauthorized third party gained access to a student's education record...
What this means is that we cannot support forwarding WSU emails to a different preferred account.
Contact Phone Support at 507-457-5240 option #1.