Windows 10 Survival Guide
|Student Survival Guide|
|This article is part of the
Student Survival Guide Series
What is Windows 10?
Winona State has moved to Windows 10! Windows 10 is the newest Microsoft operating system. It introduces cool, new changes to the operating system's platform, primarily focused towards improving its experience on mobile devices such as tablets to rival other mobile operating systems (such as Android and iOS.)
Searching in Windows 10
- Windows + S brings up a Search experience designed to help you find things more quickly from any application.
- If you are on the Start menu/Windows Metro all you have to do is start typing. The Search box will appear on the left of your screen.
- Setting up a printer
- Setting separate wallpaper for different monitors
- To add an icon to your taskbar, go to the Start Menu or All Apps to find the program your want to Pin to your Taskbar. Do a right-click on the icon and select More > Pin to taskbar.
What's New in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 has added new features to give you the best experience - Windows comparisons.
- Start menu allows you to see all your contents and get live updates and Organizing your start menu - Start menu.
- Learn how to create multiple desktops. From the link click on Stay organized and select Create Multiple Desktops.
- Accessing your Settings from Action Center
- Managing Wi Fi .
- Accessing to Brightness,Tablet mode,Bluetooth from Action Center.
- Use your PC like a tablet.
- How to pin/unpin programs to task-bar Start Screen Tutorial.
- Setting things up.
- Accessing the store and downloading/purchasing apps requires creation of/signing in with a personal Microsoft account and linking that account to the laptop.
- Deleting items is relatively easy – saved to either the desktop or a folder, items can be moved to the trash by selecting the item and pressing the delete key.
More support on Windows.com
- What's New in Windows 10.
- Windows 10 Touch Gestures A touch gesture is the physical act or motion performed on a touch screen by your finger. latest gesture.
- Change your account Picture.
- What would you like to do?.
- Learn more about Winodws 10.
All WSU students and employees have access to Lynda.com. Create your WSU Lynda account here
Lynda.com resources relevant to the topic on this page: