Zip/Zip Files (PC)
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
To zip files on your PC:
To Compress a File or Folder
- Locate the file or folder that you want to compress
- Right-click the file or folder, point to Sent To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
A new compressed folder is created. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
To Extract files or Folders from a Compressed Folder
- Locate the compressed folder that you want to extract files or folders from
- Do one of the following:
- To extract a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location.
- To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.