Adding trusted sites to Internet Explorer
About this article
This article includes instructions for adding web addresses or URLs to your Internet Explorer (IE) trusted sites list. It is intended for all students and employees.
What's a trusted site?
Internet Explorer allows you to define a list of websites that you consider to be Trusted. These are sites that you deem safe enough to instruct IE to bypass the normal security checks it applies to other sites. Please be very cautious when adding sites to your Trusted list. Here are some sites that ITS approves for addition to the Trusted list:
- D2L: https://winona.learn.minnstate.edu
- Microsoft Office 365 and OneDrive for Business: https://livewinona-my.sharepoint.com
Adding Trusted sites
- Open IE
- Navigate to the site you wish to add to the Trusted list (Note: If adding D2L, just navigate to the login screen, but don't login)
- Select the Tools menu and then select Internet Options
- Select the Security tab
- Select the Trusted sites icon and then the Sites button (Figure 1)
- Select the Add button and then the Close button (Figure 2)
- Select OK to close the Internet Options window