About this article
This article provides an overview the features and functions of the Adobe Connect web conferencing system. It is intended for all WSU students and employees interested in hosting online meetings using Connect.
Adobe Connect is a full-featured web conferencing tool that can be used on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. It supports video and audio over the Internet, document and screen sharing, and more. It is web-based and does not require the installation of any major software application. Meeting hosts can create meeting sites or rooms using the Connect Manager, provide access to those rooms through a URL, and then use the tools available in the room to facilitate engaging online meetings with anyone in the world via a web browser. Meeting attendees can participate in online activities based on the role assigned to them by the host. WSU employees and students can create and host Connect meetings. Connect meeting rooms can be persistent, so you can set them up once and reuse them. Most faculty and staff use Connect to support online meetings (e.g., remote classes, virtual office hours, exam review sessions), but it can also be used in a face-to-face meeting or classroom to support communication and collaboration.
Activating your Connect host account and accessing Connect Manager
In order for employees and students to activate their Connect host accounts, they must know their Minnesota State StarID and password. You can then activate your Connect account by simply logging into the Connect Manager site using the steps below:
- Use your favorite web browser to go to https://webmeeting.minnstate.edu/.
- Enter your StarID and password. The Connect Manager page will open.
- Occasionally, users will get a "Not Authorized" message. If this happens, click "OK", wait 5 minutes, then log in again.
Creating a Connect meeting room
1.) Use your favorite web browser to go to https://webmeeting.minnstate.edu/.
2.) Enter your StarID and password. The Connect Manager page will open.
3.) To create a meeting room, follow the screen shots below. You will end up with a web address or URL for the room, which you can pass along to anyone you want to attend the meeting.
4.) Your meeting will now appear under the section “Custom Meetings”. To enter your room, select “Join” on the right side of the screen. To share your link, copy and paste the URL next to the title of your room.
- Before you start using Adobe Connect, use this link "Testing Adobe Connect" to test if you have all the add-ons etc. installed to allow you to use Adobe Connect properly. Testing Adobe Connect will also tell you if your connection speed is fast enough for you to use it. If any of these tests do not work, follow instructions to make sure you are in line with the requirements.
- Refer to Adobe Connect (Participant) for additional best practices for attending an Adobe Connect meeting.