CaptureSpace Lite webcam Quickstart
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
Recording in CaptureSpace Lite and Uploading to MediaSpace
- Go to http://mediaspace.mnscu.edu/ and login with your STAR ID.
- Select Add New in the top right corner and select CaptureSpace Lite from the dropdown. This will launch the desktop recorder. (NOTE: If you have not used CaptureSpace Lite before you will have to download the recorder. It may take a few minutes to download.)
- The recorder has 4 recording options. Select the WEBCAM option in the bottom left corner. This will record your webcamera and audio only.
- Once launched, a small screen will appear and your camera will start. You will have a five-second countdown in the bottom left-corner, once the countdown is done, you are recording.
- If during your recording you need to pause, select the Pause button from the control panel below the video. You can also Cancel the recording and start over if needed. When you are done recording, select Done from the control panel
- Next you will see a preview window. You can view your video before saving it. Once you are done watching your video just simply select Done, in the bottom right hand corner.
- Next title your video and select Upload. This will store the video in your MediaSpace account.
- Once the process is completed, you can optionally select the link within the window and go into MediaSpace to view your recording.Do not copy this link and turn it in to your professor. It is not the link to your recording. It may take a few minutes for your video to appear in MediaSpace. (If it has been more than 5 minutes and your video has not appeared in MediaSpace, try refreshing your page or logging back in.)
Posting your recording to Brightspace
If you are going to post your recording to Brightspace, instructions are available: