DLC Fall 2017 Class Projects/Jami Starling
Class Location, Days and Times
- Course ID: DNP Orientation
- Where: Stark 303
- Date: 8/22/2017
- Time: 11:00 am
In this ITV session we introduce Jabber, Acano, and Connect.
What We Will Cover
Jabber is a client based system allowing users to connect to a traditional video conference system from a workstation or a laptop. This allows learners to remotely attend classes they otherwise would not be able to participate in, allowing a full interactive experience. The following article provides an overview of the video conferencing tool Jabber, including important information to know before using this tool and important terms.
- What you need to know before you use Jabber
- Requesting a Jabber Account
- Connecting to a Meeting Using Jabber
- Installing Jabber off Campus (Mac)
- Installing Jabber off Campus (PC)
- Troubleshooting Jabber Technical Issues (Mac)
- Troubleshooting Jabber Technical Issues (PC)
Acano is another Web based system allowing users to connect to a traditional video conference (i.e. sometimes called ITV) system from a workstation or a laptop. The following article covers the basic functionality of this tool and articles related to the using this in class.
- What you need to know before using Acano
- Supported Acano Web Browsers
- Joining Acano Classes
- Addressing Audio Issues
Connect is a web conferencing tool that can be used on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. It supports video and audio over the Internet, document and screen sharing, and more. The following sections cover the process of logging in to Adobe Connect, set up your microphone, and presenting your screen to groups.
How to log in to Adobe Connect room.
You can then activate your Connect account by simply logging into the Connect Manager site using the steps below:
- Use your favorite web browser to go to https://webmeeting.minnstate.edu/.
- Enter your StarID and password. The Connect Manager page will open.
- Occasionally, users will get a "Not Authorized" message. If this happens, click "OK", wait 5 minutes, then log in again.
How to use the Audio Setup Wizard.
For directions on using the Audio Setup Wizard go to Adobe Connect Participation Quick Guide.
- Special Note: We will be discussing the importance of separating audio in from audio out with headphones or earbuds.
How to present your screen to a group.
We will briefly have students present their screen and if you didn't get the change the following pdf that covers the process Presenting With Adobe Connect for when you are asked to present for class.
- Chad Kjorlien
- Phone: 507-457-2206
- Email: email@example.com
- 1:1 Support: Krueger Library #105