Draft:Adding Applications to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
|This article is part of the
WSU Tablet Series
Play Store and Adding Applications
Google Play gives you one place to find, enjoy, & share Apps, Music, Movies & Books - instantly anywhere across the web & Android devices. Google Play is your entertainment hub. The applications are either free or at a cost.
How to Install Free Apps
You may be instructed to install some free applications from the Google Play Store. To do this follow the instructions below:
- From the home menu select Google Play Store
- One of the fastest ways to locate applications in the Google Play Store is to use the Search function.
- After clicking the magnifying glass in the top right to start the search operation, enter the name of the application in the search bar at the top left of the screen.
- The Google Play Store will return a list of possible applications for the search key you supplied. Click on the application that you are searching for - the details screen will appear, and you can read more about the app, its features and the developer.
- Click the Install button to begin the installation.
- Click Accept & download to accept the permissions for the app (or press Back if you don’t want to download) - your item will start downloading immediately.
How to Install Paid Apps
- Navigate to an app you want to install and tap to select it - the details screen will appear, and you can read more about the app, its features and the developer.
First Time Purchase
- If you want to purchase and install the app, select the button displaying the price. At this time, you may be asked to sign in to your Google Wallet account.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a payment method or add a new card.
Using Saved Credit Card Information
- Click on "I agree to the Payments for Google Play" box and then click on "Accept & buy".
- You will be asked for your Google password
- Press Accept & buy to accept the permissions for the app and complete your purchase. If you’ve enabled a PIN code for purchases, you’ll be asked to enter it at this time.
Your app will begin downloading on your phone or tablet once payment is successfully authorized.