Draft:Use rules to organize email
Create Rules in Outlook to help organize your inbox.
Creating a New Folder
This new folder will be the designated spot for all the emails that follow your new rule. To create a new folder:
- Find the Organize tab at the top of the screen.
- Click New Folder in the top left.
- Name this new folder.
Creating a New Rule
1. To create a new rule, right click on any message
2. Go down to Rules
3. Click on "Create Rule..."
4. In the new dialogue box that pops up, there are a variety of settings you can change to fit to your preferences.
- At the very top, you can costumize your rule name
- In the next box, there are three default settings that can be added or taken away. When you click the + sign, a new set of criteria will be added. When you click the - sign, the criteria will be taken away.
- If you wish to add criteria, by default the new criteria will say Body. If you click it, a new drop down menu will appear with all the other options.
5. After all your criteria is set, the next box that says, Do the following: is what happens to the email. Repeat steps in #4.
- For example, if you would like certain emails from somebody to go into a specific folder instead of your inbox, you can add their email to the 'From line.
More wiki articles
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.