E-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship/eScholarship e-Flick Competition
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State students.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide scholarships for the 2017-2018 e-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship events. This year Aspen Capital has generously donated $20,000 enabling us to provide 20 students with a $1,000 scholarship for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. These scholarships will be awarded through our eWarrior Aspen Capital eScholarship events (formerly called e-Competition).
This Year's Theme
CREATIVITY & MOTIVATION. Recreate what's been created ... your way ......OR create something new
This is your opportunity to creative and innovative ... and win $1,000 for your ideas! Be creative!
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to produce your own video? Here's your chance. This event gives you and your friends a chance to create a video and win a $1,000 e-Warrior scholarship. Create a 30 or 60-second video showing us "How technology has changed the way you learn, play, live, create or work."
- Students may submit as many entries as you wish but may only win one scholarship. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
- If you work as a team and win each of you would receive a scholarship - up to four on a team.
IMPORTANT: All entries must be created/edited on one of your WSU mobile devices. Photos/videos may be taken with your phone.
- For full details go to E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition
Please take the time to view entries from other years. You will find them below under "Past Events".
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Please - nothing "dark". Absolutely no swearing or vulgarity
- Entries must be created/edited on your WSU mobile device(s) (laptop, tablet) or phone.
- All video entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entree, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to email@example.com. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- Make sure you fill out the form completely or your submission may not be considered.
If you check out Google and YouTube you will find helpful info for creating your 30 - 60 second video ad. Here are a few:
- e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- e-Warrior Jingle Competition