Installing tablet apps
About this article
This article provides an overview for all tablet users about installing applications or apps on their tablet devices. It is intended for all members of the campus community.
What's a tablet app?
A tablet app is a piece of software that you install on your tablet device. Originally, the term, "app," was used to differentiate tablet applications from those designed for a desktop or laptop computer. Tablet apps are often smaller, require less processor power and disk storage, include fewer features and functions, are more focused on a specific task, and are either free or relatively inexpensive. Today, the term, "app," is also applied to some desktop and laptop software as companies recognize the value of greater specificity and micro-transactions.
What apps come pre-installed on my tablet?
How do I install new apps on my tablet
Related Wiki Topics
- VLC for Android
- VLC for iOS
- Reordering Pages on WordPress Website
- WordPress/Creating Static Pages
- Providing feedback with the D2L Assignment Grader app
- Synching your Brightspace classes with the Assignment Grader app
- Using Top Hat
- Creating a Top Hat course
- How Top Hat is being used at WSU
- Adding students to your Top Hat course manually