Logging in with your StarID
On August 8th, all students and faculty/staff will be converted to StarID. Those students/faculty/staff that have not had their computers reimaged or personalized might have some trouble logging onto their computers.
To sign into your mobile devices with your StarID, follow these steps:
- From System Preferences select “Users & Groups”.
- Click on the “Lock” icon to make changes.
- Change your username to your StarID and enter your password that you used to unlock your computer.
- Right click on your name on the left bar and select “Advanced Options”.
- Now change your “Account name” to your STARID and click Ok.
- Restart your computer and login. Note: Your StarID will not show on the username line at the login screen.
- You might have to reconnect to WiFi using your StarID credentials.
- If you are logged into your computer, "Sign out" of your computer.
- On this screen, press the "Enter" key to get to the Login screen.
- Click on "Local or Domain account password"/"Other user".
- Type in your StarID followed by "@winona.edu" and then your password in the password field.
If you are still having trouble logging in with StarID, contact Tech Support at 507-457-5240.