What is Office 365 Clutter?
Clutter is a new mailbox management feature of Microsoft Office 365 for Business. Clutter watches and analyzes your email habits. As you use your email more it evaluates your past behavior and determines the messages that you're most likely to ignore. It then moves "the unimportant stuff" to a folder called Clutter, where you can review them later. The goal is to leave you with an emptier and distraction-free Inbox folder containing only high priority emails and emails that you want to receive.
How does Clutter filter messages?
- Junk mail is evaluated and filtered first.
- Outlook rules are processed next.
- Now, based on your past behavior, Clutter will analyze the remaining messages and it will filter out the types of messages that you usually do not respond to or ignore.
Clutter will learn your preferences
Clutter records your choices and will use that information to identify similar messages that you receive in the future. You can help Clutter learn faster.
- If you see an email that is low-priority in your Inbox, right-click the message and choose Move to Clutter, or drag the email from your Inbox and drop it into the Clutter folder.
- If there is a message in Clutter that you do not want in there, right-click the message and choose Move to inbox, or drag the email from the Clutter folder and drop it in your Inbox.
What is the difference between Clutter and Junk e-Mail?
Unlike Junk, Clutter is low-priority emails coming from people you know or valid sources. You may be interested in the content but it is not high-priority so will not "clutter" up your Inbox.
How do I enable or disable Clutter?
Do you have to use Clutter? No, you do not. You can choose to enable or disable Clutter using these instructions:
On the Web
- Log into your email at http://www.winona.edu/sky/
- On the left under Options you will see a folder named Clutter.
- Right click on Clutter and choose clutter settings
- Here you can choose if you wish to separate items identified as clutter and if you want to receive notification about messages that are separated as clutter. If you do not wish to use Clutter just uncheck the boxes.
Another way you can disable Clutter is to log into https://outlook.office.com Select the settings gear in the upper right, and then select Mail under My App Settings on the right. Select Clutter on the left nav, uncheck the boxes, and select 'Save'.