Difference between revisions of "WSU Email"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
=Accessing WSU Email=
=Accessing WSU Email=
Revision as of 09:10, 22 June 2015
WSU provides email (webmail) services accessible via the web to students, faculty, and staff as part of the E-Warrior Digital Life and Learning Program. Be sure and check your WSU email account regularly as this is the way that WSU communicates with you.
- 1 Details
- 2 Accessing WSU Email
- 3 After You Leave
- WSU email is the official WSU mail system. Students are to use it for WSU related business.
- We will never lease your email address to any advertisers and we take a pro-active approach to blocking unsolicited-bulk email messages that could clutter your inbox.
Accessing WSU Email
- Use email through graduation and beyond
- Protect email from spam & viruses
- Use mailbox aggregation that allows you to aggregate other personal e-mail accounts within Outlook 365
- Get access to your email, contacts, and calendar from anywhere including a broad range of active sync enabled phones (examples: Windows Phone, iPhone, Android)
Watch for "Clutter for Office" to be added to your Microsoft 365 account soon.
- 25 GB inbox
According to FERPA Guide 2012 p 39: "Non-public educational data should never be sent to non-institutional assigned accounts... The institution would be held responsible if an unauthorized third party gained access to a student's education record...
What this means is that we cannot support forwarding WSU emails to a different preferred account.
There are two major ways to access your email, via the internet and via a local email client.
- Webmail - For accessing your email anywhere with an internet connection on any computer.
- Outlook - Program for accessing email on computer, has advantages over webmail.
- Storage Space - 2 GB
- Warning - 1400 MB
- Prohibit Sending - 1500 MB
- Prohibit Sending and Receiving - 1600 MB
- Attachment size - up to 18 MB
After You Leave
Can I keep my email address after I graduate?
Winona State University Alumni (graduates of WSU) get to keep their WSU Email Address, for their personal (non-commercial) use.
What about my associated Office 365 Storage (OneDrive For Business)?
Graduates are permitted extended access to the complete Office 365 Suite for one full semester (Fall or Winter), following their graduation date. After the initial semester, unless otherwise enrolled in courses, these additional features will become deactivated leaving their mailbox active and accessible through our Sky Services page (https://sky.winona.edu).
The current Office 365 Suite includes additional features such as OneDrive for Business and ProPlus for Students.
During the extended access phase, graduating students are advised to move all files from their OneDrive for Business to an alternate storage location. All data will be lost when this feature has been deactivated.
How do I access my email after graduation?
During the extended access phase (one semester following graduation), you will log in as a Student through our Sky Services page (https://sky.winona.edu).
After the extended access phase, you will log in as an Alumni through our Sky Services page (https://sky.winona.edu).
How long can I keep my alumni email address?
You can keep the your alumni email address as long as you are actively using it by logging in at least once every 180 days (six months) and respond to related email notifications regarding expiring services.
- Faculty members that Retire with Distinction may request to keep account.
- Staff members that Retire with Distinction may request to keep account.
Contact Phone Support at 507-457-5240.