OneDrive for Business versus other cloud storage
|WSU & Office 365|
|This article is part of the
Office 365 Guide
About this article
This article compares OneDrive for Business with other popular cloud storage solutions cloud storage service. It is intended for both students and employees.
How does OneDrive for Business differ from OneDrive?
OneDrive is Microsoft's free, personal, consumer-class cloud storage solution, available to anyone with a Microsoft account. It's similar to the free versions of Google Drive or Dropbox. You can have both a personal OneDrive and a WSU OneDrive for Business, but they are two completely independent services with different login credentials.
How does OneDrive for Business differ from other cloud storage services?
OneDrive for Business differs from other services (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Box) in several important ways:
- It's the only cloud storage service supported by WSU. If you use any other service, you are on your own.
- It's not an ad-supported service...so, no ads!
- It's licensed, reliable, and fully supported by Microsoft engineers and service representatives, who we can call directly if we have any questions or problems.
- Microsoft does not assert any ownership over your files.
- It's more secure and accessible, making it ideal for work and school-related storage.
- It integrates with other systems and services at WSU.