Retrieving lost D2L grades
About This Article
Every accidentally overwrite the grades in a column of your grade book? Every wonder what the old grades were for a student before you updated the grade book? This article describes how to retrieve previously entered grades for a class.
Scores entered into a grade item are saved in the grade item's event log. There is a unique event log for every every graded item for every student.
Here are the steps in finding the old values for graded items.
- Go to Manage Grades.
- Click on the drop-down arrow for the grade item and click Enter Grades.
- On the Grade Item's page, click the Event Log icon next to a student's name to open a pop-up window.
- In the Event Log window, the instructor can view the original grade entered for the student, then copy and paste that grade into the score column on the Grade Item's page.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for the other students.
- Click Save on the Grade Item's page to save the changes.
Related Wiki Topics
No pages meet these criteria.
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.