VPN for Students
(Looking for the VPN for Employees page?)
How do I connect to the student VPN?
- Open the start menu and type Cisco
- Select 'Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client' when it appears
- If it does not appear, open your internet browser and go to https://tunnel.winona.edu
- Login with your StarID and password
- The page at https://tunnel.winona.edu only works from off-campus
- Click on Spotlight in the upper right corner
- Type in "Cisco"
- Select "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client"
- Connect to tunnel.winona.edu
- Click Connect then enter your StarID and password to login
Students with personal computers can access VPN but will need to install the VPN Cisco Client.
How do I access my network storage?
If you want to connect to personal network or department network drives from off-campus, you will first need to connect to VPN.
- Open your Start Menu and click the "Click to Map Network Drives" tile located at the top middle of the screen
- Re-open your Start Menu and click the "File Explorer" tile in the middle of the screen
- Your network storage drives will be located under the "Network locations" heading. You may have to scroll down to find it.
- In Finder, press and hold the <Command> key then tap the <K> key to bring up the "Connect to Server" prompt
- Connect to one of the network locations listed in Fig 2.
- Just copy/paste one of the addresses below if your list is not pre-populated
- Class storage: smb://files.winona.edu/classes
- To see a list of available network storage: smb://files.winona.edu