E-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship/eScholarship e-Flick Competition
What is e-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship?
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State students.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide scholarships for the 2019-2020 e-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship events. This year Aspen Capital has generously donated $20,000 enabling us to provide 20 students with a $1,000 scholarship for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. These scholarships will be awarded through our eWarrior Aspen Capital eScholarship events.
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to produce your own video? Here's your chance. This event gives you and your friends a chance to create a video and win a $1,000 e-Warrior scholarship. Create a 30 or 60-second video showing us "How technology has changed the way you learn, play, live, create or work."
Students may submit as many entries as you wish but may only win one scholarship. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
- If you work as a team and win each of you would receive a scholarship - up to four on a team.
IMPORTANT: All entries must be created/edited on one of your WSU mobile devices. Photos/videos may be taken with your phone.
- For full details go to eWarrior Aspen Capital eScholarship
Please take the time to view entries from other years. Look under "Helpful Information/Past Years".
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
To submit your entries go to https://winona.academicworks.com/opportunities/6045.
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Entry must follow the theme: How does technology enhance your Winona State experience?.
- You need to show us examples of this in your entries.
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Please - nothing "dark". Absolutely no swearing or vulgarity
- Entries must be created/edited on your WSU mobile device(s) (laptop, tablet) or phone.
For full details go to E-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship.
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
- All video entrees must be submitted via a YouTube link. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
If you check out Google and YouTube you will find helpful info for creating your 30-60 second video ad. Here are a few: