Difference between revisions of "Microsoft 365"
|Line 179:||Line 179:|
Revision as of 17:33, 8 January 2014
|WSU & Office 365|
|This article is part of the
Office 365 Guide
NOTE: We are actively working on this page. Please check back often.
What is Microsoft Office 365 Services?
Winona State is offering Microsoft Office Services (Cloud Computing) to the Winona State community for network resources/services.
- Outlook - WSU email for students
- SkyDrive Pro-File storage and sharing. This is separate from a personal SkyDrive account if you have one. SkyDrive Pro gives users 25 GB of personal storage that syncs with their devices for offline access. Easily share documents with others through Office or SharePoint. This is not to be confused with a personal SkyDrive account. SkyDrive is a personal account that you may have while SkyDrive Pro is included with Office 365 for your professional/business/school documents/files.
- Office Web Apps.
- Capture your ideas however you work best-using a keyboard, pen, or a touchscreen.
- Easily format information in Excel with tools that recognize your pattern and auto-complete data.
- Easily incorporate content from PDFs to create your own great-looking Word documents.
- Setting up Mail on Mobile Devices
- Setting up Email in Desktop Applications
- WSU Students: To log into your WSU mail simply log onto http://sky.winona.edu, click on Student > Mail. Enter your WSU username and password.
- WSU Employees: To log into your WSU mail simply log onto http://sky.winona.edu, click on Employees > Mail. Enter your WSU username and password.
- WSU Alumni: To log into your WSU mail simply log onto http://sky.winona.edu, click on Alumni > Mail. Enter your WSU username and password.
- Work in Progress
Office 365 Menu
Office 365 includes Outlook Web App so you can get to your email whenever you are online, even if you are away from your desk or using your mobile phone or tablet. To get to Outlook Web App, sign in to Office 365, then at the top of the page click Outlook, Calendar, or People.
- The screen you will see when you first log in to Office 365 will be your Microsoft/WSU Outlook Email screen:
Your calendar lets you create and track appointments and meetings. You can create multiple calendars, link to other people’s calendars, and even share your calendar with other people in your organization.
- Work in Progress ; )
This is where all of your contacts are stored. Contacts may be added in manually, linked from a web app, or synced with a mobile device such as your mobile phone. You can view a directory of all rooms here on campus and all students and professors here on campus. You can email multiple people at once, find phone numbers, and create groups. From the directory you can find or create sites that you can share with a number of people to work on projects or share information.
- Work in Progress
SkyDrive Pro is automatically included within your Office 365 account underneath the SkyDrive link. This is a service that allows you to create, share, edit, and back up your Office documents and other files. If you already use a personal SkyDrive, there are a few differences.
For a quick way to learn about SkyDrive, its services, and how to use it, follow these links or check out our SkyDrive Pro page.
- Sites is not ready for use at this time. Please check back often to find out more about this option.
- Sign in to IM- (not available yet)
- About me- this is where you can type about yourself, list personal information, and it also keeps a log of your activities. On this page there are also shortcuts to the blogs page, applications, and tasks.
- My site- (not available yet)
- Open another mailbox…- this gives you the option to add another preexisting Microsoft account.
- Sign out- this will sign you out of your account.
- Refresh- this option refreshes the current page.
- Set automatic replies- automatic replies are used when you will not be able to access your email for either short or long periods of time. You can access the automatic replies under the settings tab. You can then customize automatic replies. Once automatic replies are turned on they will respond to whoever emails you with your away message.
- Display settings- this is where you can change how your emails in your inbox appear as well as how the email conversations look.