Adding an external link to your Brightspace table of contents
About this article
This article includes instructions for creating a new topic in a D2L course table of contents (TOC) by uploading a file.
External links point to things on the Internet that are not directly part of your Brightspace course. That could include a website, an article in a search database, a streaming video, or a multitude of other things.
- Open up a D2L course, select the Materials menu, and select Content.
- Select the module or sub-module into which you want to add a link to an external activity.
- Click the Upload/Create button and select Create a Link. (See Fig. 1)
- Supply the name you wish to appear in the table of contents.
- Enter the URL to be used when the student clicks the topic. Be sure to include the full address including the https://.
- Decide whether you want the link to open as an External Resource. (Selecting Open as External Resource will cause the link to be opened in a new tab or window.)
- Click the Create button to add the link to the content as a new topic.
- The activity will be added to the bottom of the module.
Moving the added activity in the table of contents
You can move the external activity around in the table of contents for the course just like any other piece of content. The instructions are in this Wiki article.