Notifications in D2L Brightspace allow you to stay on top of your courses. Notifications allow you to modify what specific information you wish to receive notifications for and for what courses. For example, you can choose to have D2L send you notifications when there are responses to your Discussion posts, when feedback has been posted on an Assignment, and when you have a grade posted from your instructor to name just a few.
Step 1: Select Notifications
From the Brightspace Homepage or within any Brightspace course select your name in the top right corner of the page. Then select Notifications from the drop-down.
Step 2: Select Contact Method
This next page is your Brightspace notifications page. First, determine the email you would like your notifications sent to. By default, your Winona State email will be listed. If you would like to use a different email, select Change your email settings. On the next page, you can enter a different email address.
Step 3: Select Instant Notifications
Next, you will select which items you would like instant notifications for. To select an item, check the boxes in the column on the right side of the screen. Below are descriptions of the items you can select. It is recommended to only select the items you find the most important. You will receive separate notifications each time an item is triggered. It may become distracting to receive notifications for all of the items listed.
- New Comments : Receive a notification if a new comment is made on a Discussion Post you made.
- New Posts: Receive a notification if a new Post is made by someone in your class(s).
- Announcement Updated: Receive a notification if a news announcement is edited with new information.
- New Announcement Available: Receive a notification if a new announcement is posted on the homepage.
- Submission Folder Due Date or End Date is 2 Days Away: Receive a notification 2 days before an assignment folder assignment is due or the set end date.
- Content Item Created: Receive a notification when a new piece of content is added in the course.
- Content Item Updated: Receive a notification if a piece of content is updated or edited.
- Content Overview Updated: Receive a notification if the overview section is updated or edited.
- New Post in a Forum, Topic, or Thread That I Subscribed to in Instant Notifications: Receive a notification if there is a new post on an item you subscribed to from the discussion area.
- Grade Item Released: Receive a notification when a new grade item is released and is displayed in the gradebook.
- Grade Item Updated: Receive a notification when a grade item is updated in the gradebook with your grade.
- Quiz End Date is 2 Days Away: Receive a notification 2 days before the set quiz end date.
Step 4: Customize Notifications
Next, you can customize your notifications further by determining if you would like your score released in the notifications associated with grades. You can also determine if you would like these settings to apply to past, future, or inactive courses. To select a setting check the box on the left side of the screen.
Step 5: Exclude Some Courses
Next, you can decide if you would like these settings to apply to all of your courses. If you would like to exclude certain courses select Manage my course exclusions. From the next screen, you can select the courses you would like to exclude. When you are done select Save at the bottom of the screen.
Other Helpful Tools
No pages meet these criteria.