Create a text grade item
Text grade items provide comments that are not counted towards users’ final grades. Text grade items can belong to a category but they do not contribute to the calculated final grade. Text grade items cannot be associated with course objects such as discussions, quizzes, and assignments, so assessment must be entered directly into the grade book instead of through the student submission areas.
Instructions for creating text grade items
- On the navbar, click Grades.
- On the Manage Grades page, from the New button, click Item.
- Click Text.
- In the General area, enter your grade item details.
- To attach a rubric to the grade item, in the Grading area, click Add Rubric.
- In the Display Options area, select how you want the Managing View for the grade item to appear.
- Click Save and Close.