Draft:DLC Fall 2012 Class Projects/WeeJongsun
Human Relations and Student Diversity
Class Sections, Location, Days and Times
- 1 sections/30 students per section
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Requesting 10/9/12
- 12:30 pm
- Final Digital Ethnography on Wordpress (project description)
Student should know how to:
- Download and add content to WordPress
- Link video content, created on iMovie or MovieMaker and saved to YouTube
- Would like Wiki backup
- You Tube
Presenters and Training Schedule
- Requesting TLT/DLC staff come in and walk the students through the development of the Wordpress page as well as the uploading of a test Youtube video.
- October 9, 12:30 pm - Jessica Nelson
Instructions for Students
Step 1: Developing Your WordPress Page
- If you do not have a WordPress account, start here.
- If you have a WordPress account or when you are done setting up your account, follow the instruction guide provide for creating a static website in WordPress.
- Tasks: Create a secondary page, post a photo, post a pdf and create a link to that document somewhere within the page, and post a link to a You Tube video.
Step 2: Creating Your Video
I will be using a Mac:
I will be using a PC:
Step 3: Uploading Your Video
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
1. Create a YouTube account
3. Click My Channel
4. Create Channel
5. Upload video from your desktop, iMovie, or Movie Maker. Movie Maker will force you to fill out all of the fields (i.e title, description, and tags) before it will allow you to upload.
If there are any questions on any other software the students will have to make 1:1 appointments with the DLC.