Draft:DLC Spring 2010 Class Projects/Peter Sternberg(HERS 315)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HERS 315 (Health Promotion Skills)
Class Location, Days and Times
Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:00 pm - 3:20 pm Maxwell 378
Outline of Project(s)
- Create an 11"x17" Poster promoting a health idea to a target audience
- Create a tri-fold pamphlet promoting the same health idea
- Create a 3+ page website
DLC STARS In Class Assistance Requested
- Jan 28, 2010 - InDesign, Posters - Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
- Feb 4, 2010 - InDesign, Pamphlets - Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
- Feb 18, 2010 - Q & A - Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
- Feb 25, 2010 - Dreamweaver, Interface design and site design - Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
- Mar 4, 2010 - Fireworks (Banner, Graphics)- Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
- Mar 18, 2010 - Dreamweaver, Links - Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
- Apr 1, 2010 Rescheduled for March 29th, 2010 - Q & A, workday - Amanda Hilsman and Andy Burns
Notes to Review
- Students came in asking how to print their posters to 24 x 36". They had designed them to 8.5 x 11". They did not understand that you had to size the canvas to the actual size you wanted the poster first - then add your text, graphics, etc. They thought that the printer could print out their poster any size for them.
- Some students had questions about adding/using tables.
- I later learned that students were expected to create a professional looking websites, and while we help with that, our system really isn't equipped to handle some of the advanced features of Dreamweaver so communication here is going to be key in the future.