Draft:DLC Spring 2011 Class Projects/Liberty Kohn
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Class Location, Days and Times
- Tech Writing, English Department
- Minne 363
Outline of Project
- Students should have Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 installed on their laptops before the presentation.
- Laptops should be updated with latest OS updates.
- Students will take their assignments completed in Word documents that were submitted up to the last two weeks of the semester (or last week of the summer session) and post them to a web page. Web page will be a simple 3 (or more) page site that will have an index banner created by the student and complementary banners for sub-pages.
- Assignment is designed to have students focus on outcomes that address: audience, style, and purpose. Another key goal for this assignment is to expose the student to the process of web creation and just have them get their feet wet with the process.
- Setup Site to studentwebs.winona.edu
- Explain importance of folder structure
- Create a Table layout
- Create a Navigation Menu with a Library file
- Create a Header Image and insert on page
- Inserting Images
- Creating Links
- Embedding PDF's
- Changing font/color
- Creating additional pages
- Uploading Pages
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fireworks (for the header/banner)
DLC In Class Assistance Requested
- Jorge Burns
- April 25th, 11:00 am - 11:50 am
- Fireworks/Creating a Web Banner with Menuing
- DLC STARS by Appointment