Install Microsoft 365 desktop applications
WSU students and employees can install Microsoft 365 desktop applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams, on up to five personally-owned computers and use the applications as long as they remain enrolled or employed at a Minnesota State institution. All desktop applications can be downloaded from your Minnesota State Microsoft 365 online dashboard.
- Browse to https://login.microsoftonline.com
- If prompted to sign in use StarID@minnstate.edu (employees) or StarID@go.minnstate.edu (students) as your username and your StarID password
- If prompted, complete your preferred muti-factor authentication. This will open your Microsoft 365 online dashboard
- Select the Install Office button in the upper right corner of the window (Fig 1.1)
- Select Office 365 apps to install common applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Fig 1.2). Select Other install options (Fig 1.3) and then select View apps & devices to view other desktop applications to which you may have licensed access.