Paste a shared MediasSpace file link to a Brightspace discussion topic post
About this article
This article includes instructions for uploading video and audio files to your MediaSpace account using the Media Upload tool. It is intended for WSU students and employees.
What's the Media Upload tool?
The Media Upload tool in MediaSpace allows you to upload video and audio files, stored on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, to your MediaSpace account. Once the upload is complete, a copy of that file will reside in your MediaSpace online storage and will be accessible from your My Media page. You can then share that file link to a Brightspace Discussion Topic and the following directions explain this process.
Sharing a MediaSpace file Link to a Brightspace Discussion Topic
When you upload media to your MediaSpace account, you had the option to select one of three file-sharing permission settings (see described in the section below) and for this process, you will need to have the video set to ether Unlisted or Published. It is recommended for most situations that these are set to Unlisted.
- Click on your name in MediaSpace and choose the My Media option.
- Choose the video from this list by clicking on the title of your video.
- Below the window of your video will be a tab called Share (see clip below A).
- The Link to Media Page will appear by default and you can copy the link to your video (B). You can now post this link wherever you wish to share and people will be taken to Mediaspace and allowed to play this content back.
- If you want to alter start or end playback a custom link will appear after checking the boxes (C) for the desired playback preferences in the Link to Media Page box (B).
- Go to the Discussion area of your Brightspace course and choose the Forum and Topic you would like to post your video link to.
- Within the Discussion post, select the Start a New Thread button.
- Within the thread, you can paste the link to your video for others to view.
- What's MediaSpace?
- A quick tour of the My Media page
- How to record using Kaltura Capture
- How to add MediaSpace recordings to Brightspace courses