Trimming recordings in MediaSpace
About this article
This article includes an overview of two methods for trimming recordings in MediaSpace. It is intended for all WSU students and employees.
In media production, trimming refers to adjusting the in and out points (i.e., start and end) of a recording. During most recording sessions, you capture audio or video at the start or end of the session that you do not want to include in the finished recording. Trimming tools allow you to remove these segments.
Trimming an uploaded recording
You can trim any recording that you have already uploaded to your MediaSpace account using the Trim tool:
- Log into MediaSpace at https://mediaspace.minnstate.edu with your StarID username and password. This will take you to your My Media page.
- Select the recording you want to trim. This will take you to that recording's media page.
- Select Edit from the Actions menu.
- Select the trim tab and then use the timeline to adjust the in and out points.
- Select Trim Video to save your changes.