Using WSU Voicemail System
WSU Unified Messaging System
This system can be used by all employees with a desk phone connected to the WSU phone system. You will now be able to hear your voicemail messages from any device you check your WSU email with.
Initial Setup - Done on Your Desk Phone
The initial set up of a voice mailbox needs to be done on your desk phone, and not through WebPhoneManager.
- Contact TSC to find out what your default security code (PIN#) is.
- From your desk phone (Winona & Rochester campuses), call 33-5899. You will need to dial all 6-digits.
- If you are off campus call 507.457.5899. Listen to the instructions, and then enter your 6-digit extension.
- Winona Campus: 33xxxx, WSU-Rochester: 32xxxx, WSU-Rochester on Broadway: 34xxxx (xxxx = last four digits of your WSU phone extension)
- For shared voice mailboxes: If calling from a desk phone that has voice mail assigned, call 33-5899, after the system greeting, press the * key to enter the 6-digit extension for the shared account.
- When prompted, enter the 6 digit temporary security code, provided by TSC.
- Follow the tutorial to set your new security code. This can be 6-15 digits long.
- Record your name, and record your greeting.
- Your mailbox is initialized once you hear “Congratulations!”
The Web PhoneManager allows you to set some of your mailbox options. WSU’s configuration allows you to update your greeting, reset your security code and turn the Out of Office greeting on/off.
Access Web PhoneManager at: https://voicemail.winona.edu/
Mailbox: Use your 6-digit phone number to log in
- Prefix 33 = Winona campus
- Prefix 32 = Rochester campus
- Prefix 34 = Rochester on Broadway
Security Code is the 6-15 digit code you created probably when you setup your mailbox on your desk phone. Use Forgot Security Code if you need to recreate.
Forgot Security Code
If you have already completed the initial setup on your phone (see above instructions), but now forgot your security code, go to http://voicemail.winona.edu and select "Forgot Security Code" at the bottom of the screen.
- Mailbox = Your 6-digit phone number
- Email Address = Use your friendly email address, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Welcome to the CX Web PhoneManager Unified Communications Portal!
Personal Settings - Recordings Tab
The Recordings tab allows you to record, re-record, or review your mailbox and greetings. Additionally, use this tab to enable your Out of Office greeting.
Mailbox Name - You can customize your mailbox name by recording simply your name.
Enable Out of Office Greeting - Check this box to turn on your Out-of-Office Greeting. Uncheck to turn off the greeting.
Greeting Recording - Click the icon for each greeting name and the corresponding language to record, re-record, or delete the recording.
The recorder bar displays when you click on a your mailbox name or one of the Greeting Recordings. Note: That when you select the Red recording icon, the system will call your extension (or whatever phone number you have setup) for you to make the recording on your phone. You cannot make the recording on your computer.
Personal Settings - Distribution List Tab
This feature is not enabled at WSU.
Personal Settings - Security Code Tab
The Security Code tab allows you to change the security code of your CX Subscriber mailbox. Your security code can be any length from the designated minimum on your system to a maximum of fifteen digits.
Current Security Code - Enter your current security code.
New Security Code - Enter a new security code. Can be 6-15 digits long. You should avoid using simple patterns, your extension, or easily guessed number such as a birthday.
Confirm Security Code - Enter your new security code again to confirm it.
Click OK to save changes.
Click Cancel to cancel changes.
Message Settings - Presentation Tab
The Presentation tab allows you to configure how CX plays envelope information, and sorts messages in the language you prefer.
Auto Play Envelope
- None - Select None to hear no envelope information unless you request it through the TUI or the VUI.
- Before - Select Before to hear envelope information before the message body.
- After - Select After to hear envelope information after the message body.
- Complete Envelope - Select Complete Envelope to hear the time and date stamp, and the sender's information.
- Date/Time Only - Select Date/Time Only to hear the time and date stamp information only.
- Sort urgent First - Select Sort Urgent First to sort urgent messages first.
- Listen by Type - Select Listen by Type to sort messages by type.
- Initial Text-to-Speech - Select the language you want CX to use when it "speaks" the text of your e-mail messages from the list.
- Client Display - Select the language that CX uses to display special voice messaging forms for programs like Microsoft Outlook.
Click OK to save changes. Click Cancel to cancel changes.
Message Settings - Time Zone Tab
The Time Zone tab allows you to specify your local time zone so that CX can adjust the time stamps on your messages to reflect your location if it is different than the time zone location of the CXsystem. The default value is the local time zone for the location where CX is installed. If you are in the same time zone as your CX server, leave the default value. Otherwise, select your local time zone.
Time Zone - Select your time zone from the list, only if it is different than the local server time. Click OK to save changes. Click Cancel to cancel changes.
Web PhoneManager Settings - Playback Tab
The Playback tab allows you to specify how you want to play back voice messages and other audio recordings during your Web PhoneManager session, as follows:
- If you are at a telephone that CX can reach, you can use that telephone to play or record your messages and announcements.
- If your computer has a media player program that is compatible with Microsoft Media Services, you can listen to messages and announcements as streaming audio.
- Telephone Number - Enter your 6-digit number.
- Telephone - Click Telephone to use the telephone interface to playback messages
- Download - Click Download to download the message first, and then playback the message through your computer's sound system.
Click OK to save changes. Click Cancel to cancel changes.
User Resources - Documentation Tab
The Documentation tab provides additional information about how to use CX and its features. The End-User Training gives you step-by-step instructions on how to use the program. WSU does not have all features enabled, so some instructions may not apply.
I hung up before I heard "Congratulations" and now I cannot sign on with the default PIN. What should I do?
- Call the new system again and sign on with the new security code you provided during your previous attempt. The new security code takes effect as soon as it is confirmed. You will be prompted to change your security code again, and complete the rest of the mailbox setup process.
How do I listen to my voice mail?
- WSU Email: Open the message and play the voicemail (.wav file attachment) on your computer speakers/headphones.
- From your WSU phone: call 33-5899, enter your security code, and listen to your messages.
- From a non-WSU phone: call 507.457.5899, enter your 6-digit extension, enter your security code, and listen to your messages.
How can I easily make changes to my voice mail settings after I initialize my voice mailbox?
- To record your greetings, reset your security code, or turn your out-of-office message on/off, go to: https://voicemail.winona.edu