VMware Install Workshops
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Come in for a session
You must complete the following steps prior to coming in to complete the installation of VMware Fusion. Come to Somsen 207 for one of the scheduled sessions. If there are no sessions available stop by the Front Desk to request a time.
Step One: Get a VMware Fusion License
Please make sure you are using your network cable wired into the network on campus when doing this.
- Make sure to back up your computer.
- Go to http://winonastate.onthehub.com
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner of the window. Log in using your StarID and password.
- In the purple toolbar across the top of the page, click on “Students”
- In the purple toolbar across the top of the page, click on “VMware”
- In the purple toolbar across the top of the page, click on “Software”.
- Click on “VMware Fusion 10 For Mac OS X)”.
- Click on “Add to Cart” VMware
- Click on “Checkout”
- Scroll to the bottom of the license and click “I Accept”
- Copy the Serial Number located near the middle of the page in Red.
- Then select “Start Download” on the same page.
Current scheduled sessions
There are no sessions currently scheduled. You can come to Digital Learning Commons, Library 105, to have this installed. Follow the same procedure as when you come to an open session.
Come to the open session
- Bring your receipt into Somsen 207 during one of the open session times.
- Tell the Front Desk worker that you would like VMware installed on your Mac.