WSU Technology Knowledge Base:Double Redirects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fixing a Double Redirect
- Click on special pages in your toolbox at the bottom left of the Wiki homepage
- Under Maintenance reports, select double redirects.
- You should now be on the double redirect page.
- For each redirect issue, you will see that there are three links. They are separated by an arrow. You will want to highlight and copy the third link.
- Now click edit next to the first link.
- You should now have the page open that has the redirect issue. It should say #REDIRECT Link here. To fix the double redirect, first highlight the inside of the link.
- Press ctrl+v or right-click and paste the third link that you had copied in step 4. It should replace the link with the correct third link.
- In the summary section at the bottom, type Fixed double redirect, then click save page.
- The double redirect should be gone and will no longer show on the double redirect page.