WSU Technology Knowledge Base:Flipped Reference Page
Flipped Reference Page
This page is designed to provide faculty a quick overview of flipped learning resources currently available. Please feel free to share any additional resources and research you think others would find useful by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
History and Definition of Flipped Learning Articles
- Flipping the Classroom Requires More Than Video
- Answers To The Biggest Questions About Flipped Classrooms
- Flipping for Flipped Classrooms
- The Flipped Class: Shedding light on the confusion, critique, and hype
- The Flipped Class: Myths vs. Reality
- The Flipped Class Revealed
- We See This as the Future of Higher Education
- TechSmith's Flipped Classroom Site
- EdTed This is a tool from the Ted folks and it helps faculty integrate multimedia into learning modules then use basic quizzes to assess students.
- Eduvision TV
- The Value of Homework: Is Homework an Important Tool for Learning in the Classroom?
- Learning Catalytics is the tool Eric Mazur developed for conducting Conceptual Test and the site has many different resources that help explain this tool and the learning impact it is designed to have.
- The Flipped Classroom Model: A Full Picture
- How learning in an inverted classroom influences cooperation, innovation and task orientation
- Houston, M. & Lin, L. (2012). Humanizing the Classroom by Flipping the Homework versus Lecture Equation. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 1177-1182). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Nijhuis, J. F. H., Segers, M. S. R., & Gijselaers, W. H. (2005). Influence of redesigning a learning environment on student perceptions and learning strategies. Learning Environments Research, 8, 67-93.
Problem Based Learning
- Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-Based Learning (IJPBL)
- Problem-Based Learning wiki Article
- Problem Based Learning for College Physics (CCDMD)
Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning (POGIL)
Peer Instruction Model
- Eric Mazur (1997). Peer Instruction: A Users Manual. Prentice Hall
- Peer Instruction wiki article
Articles on Assessment
- How do student attitudes toward learning change in a flipped classroom?
- Vodcasts and Active-Learning Exercises in a “Flipped Classroom” Model of a Renal Pharmacotherapy Module
- San Jose State U. Says Replacing Live Lectures With Videos Increased Test Scores
- National Center for Academic Transformation
Flipped with Peer Instruction Teaching Method
- Flip the Classroom and Catalyze the Learning
- Direct link to Erik’s session can be access by clicking on this link
- Dr. Eric Mazur's PI Research page
Closing the loop to the next session
- Brookfield, S. (1995). Becoming a critically reflective teacher. Jossey-Bass.
- Fink, L. D. (2003). Creating significant learning experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses. John Wiley & Sons.
- Strayer, J. F. (2012). How learning in an inverted classroom influences cooperation, innovation and task orientation. Learning Environments Research, 15(2), 171-193.