- Introduction here Jim talks about the way he is using Top Hat in his classes.
- Could you talk specifically how this assignment came about? Here he describes how he is using Top Hat in his classes to present materials in his classes.
- What does this tool provide a student that you wouldn't otherwise be able to do? Here Jim explains the powerful way Top Hat allows him to become unteathered to his technology and add annotations to his slides as he move about throughout the classroom.
- What are some of the outcomes you are seeing in terms of student learning? Consistent and regular feedback provides the student the opportunity to keep attendance and questions answered accurate throughout the semester.
- What are students saying they like about the use of Top Hat this way? Here Jim talks about the way his annotation on his slides helps a student both track and expand what is said in classes.
- What would you tell other faculty considering doing this tool? Jim talks frankly here about how he is using this tool after trying it a few semesters, however, slow and strategic adoptions is clearly the direction for his future use of Top Hat.
- What are your plans for the future of Top Hat? In this segment he provides many different thoughts about his use and future use of this tool as he integrates this into his teaching.
- How did you learn about using Top Hat?In this segment the Jim describes the process of adopting this tool.
- Becoming Unteathered: The use of Top Hat in the class allows for free movement throughout the classroom.
- Timely Feedback: Top Hat allows faculty to track and provide timely feedback on attendance and participation on in-class quizzes.
- Being able to connect with students throughout the room while annotating slides allows a faculty to more closely connected with students and address confusion without leaving their side.
- Timely and consistent feedback on attendance and quizzes gives students the ability to check how they are doing in the course.