WSUmywifi is a WSU wireless network available to students on both the Winona and Rochester campuses. Use it to connect your personally-owned devices to the Internet, including phones, game consoles, smart televisions, and streaming media devices (e.g., Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast).
When to use WSUmywifi
WSUmywifi and Warrior are two wireless service set identifiers (SSIDs) that reside on our WSU network. Use WSUmywifi to connect your personally-owned devices to the Internet in WSU residence halls and while on all WSU campuses. It is not intended for use with your WSU laptop. Instead, connect your WSU laptop to Warrior. Because your WSU laptop and personal devices are on the same underlying network even though they are connected using different SSIDs, you can share files between your laptop and phone (e.g., using AirDrop) and print to WSU networked printers from your phone.
Activate your WSUmywifi account
- Browse to http://student.wsumywifi.winona.edu
- Use [your StarID]@go.minnstate.edu (e.g., email@example.com) as your username and your StarID password to sign in.
- Create a personal passphrase
Connect your devices to WSUmywifi
- On your device, find WSUmywifi in your list of wireless networks
- Connect using your personal passphrase
- You can connect up to 10 personally-owned devices to WSUmywifi
- Some devices (e.g., some Roku models) do not allow special characters in passphrases, but we require them. If you are in this position, contact the Technical Support Center (TechSupport@winona.edu, 507-457-5240, Somsen Hall 207) for assistance.
If you have any questions or need help connecting your device to WSUmywifi, contact the Technical Support Center (TechSupport@winona.edu, 507-457-5240, Somsen Hall 207)