Work To Do widget
The Work To Do widget provides learners a summary of assigned learning activities that are overdue or have an upcoming due date. The widget appears on Brightspace homepages and shows only due and overdue learning activities from the course.
Now, all quizzes, assignments, checklists, etc., with due or end dates in the near future or past appear in one place on your homepage. Any overdue work will appear at the top of the list, and upcoming items appear below. If there are more than six items available, you’ll have a link to “View all work”, which takes you to a new page with all recently overdue work and all work for the upcoming year! You’ll never again have to manually create a to-do list of assignments across your different courses.
The Work To Do widget displays the following learning activities:
Learning activities only appear in the Work To Do widget when the activity has a defined due date or end date. By default, the widget displays activities due in the upcoming 2 weeks, and overdue work from the previous 12 weeks.
Your students will see the Work To Do widget on your course homepage by default. You do have the right and permissions to remove it from your course if you so please.
Things to know as the teacher
- Only students see the Work To Do widget on the course homepage.
- Only items with Due Dates and End Dates are included.
- There are three ways an item can be removed from the widget:
- Work items are automatically removed as the student completes them.
- Work items with End Dates will be removed once the End Date has been passed.
- Items age past the earliest date reported in the overdue-work section of the widget.
- Special Access (like an early start for a quiz) are reflected as such in the widget.
- Items that are due soon but not yet opened to the students are included in the widget. However, students cannot link to the work time until it becomes available to them either through a Start Date or the teacher manually opens it.
More wiki articles
- Work To Do widget
- My Courses widget
- Customizing Course Navigation
- Create Custom D2L Widgets
- Managing and Adding Home Page Widgets
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.