Add feedback to Assignment Submission Folders
This article is intended for instructors interested in using Brightspace Assignment Submission tool to quickly access student submissions that require assessment.
The Assignment Submission tool allows instructors to see and evaluate learner submissions. One of the key benefits of using this tool is that it integrates seamlessly with the Grade Tool allowing you to simultaneously proof, provide feedback, and grade submissions to Assignments. One helpful component of this tool is that you can download all of these papers at once in case you need to grade offline and then uploaded graded works once you are connected again.
Add feedback to Assignment Submission Folder
- On the navbar, click Assessments.
- On the Assignments page, enter the Assignment you would like to provide feedback.
- Click on the name of the individual student who has submitted to your Assignment Submission Folder.
- If there is only one document submitted it will show you the Annotate a Brightspace assignment submission view that you can learn more about in our Annotate a Brightspace assignment submission article. If there are multiple documents you can choose from the contextual menu to the right of the file name to view or download the document.
- On the right side of the individual student view you can pull up a rubric that is associated with the Assignment (see Fig. 1 A), enter total points (B), enter text feedback in the textbox (C), if you downloaded it and made edits to the submitted files you can upload that version by using the Add a File button(D), and a short audio feedback file can be recorded by clicking on the Record Audio button (E).
More wiki articles
- Assignments in Brightspace courses
- Video Assignments
- Annotate a Brightspace assignment submission
- Add a new assignment folder to your Brightspace course
- Review a survey report in Brightspace
- Embed a MediaSpace file into a Brightspace assignment folder
- Using annotation to give feedback
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.