Setting Grades Items to Points, Percents, or Letter Grade
About this article
WSU instructors currently using Brightspace and interested in Assignments Submission Folders in their Brightspace courses.
Grade books can be configured in a variety of ways. By default, you will have the option to show Percentage or Basic Grade Range (i.e. A, B, C, D, & F). However, some want their students to additionally see Points Grade (score of Points), Basic Grade Range, and/or a Grade Scheme Color to indicate scores in the Grade Tool.
Setting Grade Display
1. Login to Brightspace and open your course
2. Select Grades from the Assessments menu
3. Select the Setting link (top right corner is an icon that looks like a gear and says Grades).
4. On the Settings page select the tab called Org Unit Display Options. This is what the students will see.
5. Select your preferences (see Figure #1)
- Points Grade Score out of total
- Grade Scheme Symbol is the letter grade option (i.e. A, B, C, D, & F)
- Grade Scheme Color will indicate grade in cell with color code for each grade item.
6. Choose the Save and then the Close buttons.
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.