Draft:DLC Fall 2017 Class Projects/Mary Jo Klinker
|Students Supporting Students|
|Digital Learning Commons|
Class Location, Days, Times, and Number of Students
- Minne' Hall 103
- Thursday, November 9 from 3:30-5:00pm
Overview of Project
This group video project looks to address the issues of image and narrative by producing a 3-4 minute movie on the way masculinities might be represented in popular culture. DLC project goals consist of preparing students to: (a) capture video using a variety of video capture technologies; (b) edit video suitable for task presentation (appropriate length, video quality, narration, and/or captioning) such as iMovie; (c) uploading videos to MediaSpace and posting fished projects to a D2L BrightSpace Assignment Submission Folder.
- iMovie Basics (for Mac laptop)
What We Will Cover
- Story boarding key central themes and movie scenes
- How to import video from an iPad or phone to iMovie
- Basic video editing in iMovie 10.1.1
- Uploading videos to MediaSpace and posting MediaSpace Videos to D2L BrightSpace Submission Folers
DLC STARS Assigned
- Teaghen Bertz
- iMovie 10.1.1 Playlist for WGSS 140 Video Project by Lynda
- iPad Video Recording Best Practices
- iMovie Basics
Accessing your MediaSpace account
- Use your favorite Web browser to go to https://mediaspace.minnstate.edu.
- Login with your StarID username and password. This takes you to your My Media page (Fig 1) in MediaSpace.